Welcome! Let’s get down to it: the purpose of this blog is to talk books. I have a lot to say about books.
I’m being a bit facetious in the title, as I really do not intend to over-analyse. However, it is my belief that the very best books hold up to and benefit from a little careful digging. So that’s what we’ll do. (For more on the meaning of my blog name, see this post.)
I encourage discussion, especially if you disagree with me. The best thing about books is that everyone brings their personal experiences to them and comes away with something that is a little bit different.
This post explains my structure for book reviews.
But Who Am I?
My name is Chloe. I am a historical fiction writer who has a deep love of books and language. Besides the literary arts, I greatly enjoy music, visual arts, film, theatre, and good food. My favourite book is Les Miserables.
There you are, a professional little bio.
But Who Am I, Really?
That’s a good question. I’m not really an expert, but I’ll tell you what I can.
- I love books—obviously.
- I am impartial when it comes to caffeine, loving both tea and coffee.
- I feel that the octopus emoji functions for virtually all of my texting needs (maybe because I don’t text much…)
- I have a pet tarantula. Species Brachypelma albopilosum. Her name is Beatrix.
- People often don’t understand my sense of humour… My grandmother likes to say it’s because we have a “highly developed sense of irony.
- I change at least one word on this page pretty much every week.
Additionally, the posts in this tag might be informative.
I am delighted that you have found your way to my blog, and I hope you have a lovely day!