In which I reveal several facts including my preferred method for preserving fruit, and am selfless—nay, heroic—regarding fast food chains.
Thank you so much, Remnants of Wit, for nominating me! I’m sorry it took me so long to do it, I meant to do it last week and things just got away from me. Anyway, you should definitely go check out her blog. I’ve really enjoyed the book-related posts that I’ve read there.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
3 Things About Me
This gets so much harder every time.
- I don’t prefer green tea.
- I live with rheumatoid arthritis.
- I have a pet tarantula. Her name is Beatrix, but I call her Bea. (Have I told you guys that yet? I don’t think so but it sounds familiar. If I did, I’m sorry. But I guess it never specified that it had to be 3 things you didn’t know.)
Questions from Remnants of Wit
1. What’s your favourite thing you’ve posted on your blog?
That’s a really cool question. Now let me go scroll through the old archives a bit.
I don’t know if I have a favourite thing I’ve posted. I’m pretty satisfied with a lot of my reviews and analyses. But as I scrolled through, I think I rather like this one.
It was one of my earliest posts, and it was a letter to my past self. It was rather soppy and overwrought, but hey, I was still finding my way around blogging, okay? And it did need to be said. My past self was so cringey, and this was just one of many ways.
2. What’s one thing that you are glad someone forced you to do?
Another really thought-provoking question! There are so many, some silly, some quite sad. I guess the most long-lasting and impactful was to continue reading, even though it was hard and I hated it at first. (If that’s news to you and you’re curious about it, see this post.)
3. Strawberry jam, grape jelly, or orange marmalade?
Strawberry jam every time.
Name one activity (sports, music, etc) that you are terrible at.
Sports. Even thinking about sports makes me sweat nervously. It’s not just the physical activity part, and it’s not just the complexity and arbitrary nature of its rules. Sports has its own culture. It has its own extensive mythos. It seems that every time I open my mouth in connection with sports, laughter ensues.
I respect the concept of sport, and I fear it. I myself, though, have no desire at all to partake.
If you could wipe one fast-food chain off the face of the earth, what would it be?
I thought good and long and hard about this, but I decided I am not a spiteful enough person to do such a thing. There are plenty of fast food chains that I don’t enjoy, but should I then rob others of their opportunity to enjoy them?
I never thought I was a selfless person until I read this question. Now, I feel like a hero.
I’m joking, of course. There is a fast food chain I would rid the world of. But I’m going to keep that to myself.
That was a lot of fun! Thank you again for the nomination, Remnants of Wit! You can find her Mystery Blogger Award post here.
You know how this works. You all deserve this award and I nominate all of you. It works for you, and it works for me.
Because I am lazy. I do have questions, though, and they demand answers. So, although you may not wish to do a whole post, please answer my questions in the comments.
- If you were going to steal only one book, which book would it be? (There are right answers here. I can think of several that I would accept. Get it right, and you won’t go to jail for your crime.)
- If you were training someone else to do your job, what’s the most important thing they would need to know?
- Favourite word?
- Do you sing? (I didn’t ask if you were good.)
- You’re in your favourite bookstore. The one that has always felt like home. As you browse peacefully, you see someone pick up a book, remove a piece of gum from his mouth, discard it in the book’s pages, slide the book back into the shelf, and walk away. (You think he also twirls his moustache and laughs with great malice, but you’re not wearing your glasses today, and can’t be sure.) What do you do?
a). Quietly alert the store owner.
b). Vociferously alert the store owner.
c). Quickly bring the offender down. Throw books at him. Trip him. Tackle him. Lock the door so he can’t escape, (even though it says that it is to remain unlocked during business hours). Whatever it takes. Then shove gum into his eyes, screaming “HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN SOMEONE DOES IT TO YOU?!??!?”
d). Nothing. Not your circus, not your monkey.
e). Say nothing, but pay for the book. This is your favourite bookstore, after all.
f). Quietly plot a murder.
Please answer at least one of my questions in the comments. I always love to hear your thoughts.
Have a lovely day!