In which I talk about eyes, naturally villainous expressions, and fracture my spine trying to do something I’m not in shape for anymore.
Thank you so much, quirkyandpeculiar (we’ve discussed how much I love your username, yes?) for nominating me! To everyone reading this, she’s got an absolutely lovely book blog that you should definitely go and have a look at.
I think I’ve explained this before, but the Sunshine Blogger Award is one of those that I’ll do even though I’ve done it before, just because the questions are always different and interesting every time.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
- Give them 11 new questions (if you want to).
- Display the award on your blog (if you want to).
1. How was your day?
Quite nice. I just had a really lovely cup of tea and started prepping my rant on The Last Star (that’s how good that book was; I’m actually preparing my rant instead of just ranting).
2. Favourite fictional book couple?
Of all time? Goodness, I don’t think I could pick. Well, I’ve not quite finished obsessing over Zombie and Ringer, so I’m going to go with that.
3. Compare your favourite book to a vegetable.
Les Miserables: a potato. It’s everything you could want, much like a potato. And it’s a staple of my literary diet.
4. Do you wear glasses or contacts, or do you have perfect eyesight?
I’ve got bifocals (which I don’t always wear) and a computer prescription (which I’ve maybe worn twice in my life). I love my glasses, but I forget about them.
5. What is the colour of your eyes?
*Leans uncomfortably close to you so that you can see*
Brown. I know, so interesting. Such uniqueness.
6. When you’re reading, does your face show your emotions or do you have a normal reading face?
I can’t really confirm this (because I don’t have video footage of myself reading or anything like that) but I’m going to assume my face probably doesn’t show a ton of emotion when I read (unless it’s a particularly intense I-gotta-put-the-book-down-because-oh-my-goodness type thing).
I’m basing this assumption on the fact that I have this horribly angry-looking resting expression, which my face just likes to slip into without my knowledge or permission. (If you’re curious to see what a naturally villainous face looks like, there’s a picture of it in this post.)
7. What do you love about books?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN???? I don’t…I just can’t quite explain what I love about books. I just love them. (Okay, that might have been a bit forceful. Sorry.)
8. What do you hate or dislike about books?
Predictability. Yeah. Reading a book is the only situation in which I kind of hate being right. If I think something’s going to happen, and it proceeds to completely happen that way—no surprises—then what’s the point?
Or irrational protagonists. Cannot stand those. (Unfortunately, there is a proliferation of them. Especially amongst female protagonists.)
9. What was the last book you cried over?
Like, what level of tears are we talking? I teared up a few times during the 5th Wave trilogy. But if we’re talking full-on, absolutely uncontrollable sobbing, last (and first) book in that category would be All the Bright Places.
10. What do you like to do if you’re not reading?
Write. Spend time with my dogs/family. Play chess with my brother. Play PC games. Eat. Pace the floors. Contemplate things. Make plans.
11. Any weird talents like being able to touch your nose with your tongue?
Hmm. Well, I used to be able to lie on my stomach and bring my legs up over my back so that my feet touched my chin. Hah, haven’t done that for years. I wonder if I can still do it?
Okay, well, I just tried, and I could only just barely touch the back of my head. Aaaaaannnnnddd now my spine is fractured. Great. Getting the week off to a great start, am I right?
Guess I’ll see you guys when I get back from the emergency room.
Thank you again for the nomination, quirkyandpeculiar! I had fun with this.
I nominate everyone! As always, if you don’t want to do a straight-up post, just answer in the comments.
- Opinions on hamsters? (Since I asked about gerbils last time, I thought, you know, we should continue in this vein.)
- Would you say that you relate to octopodes on a personal level? Why or why not?
- A non-canon ship you will always ship?
- Favourite poet?
- If you could be any character from any book, who would you want to be? Why?
- Most original book you’ve read lately.
*sneakily looking for book recs*
- If you were a flavour of ice cream, what flavour would you absolutely not be?
- Tweedledee or Tweedledum? Please include in your answer both your decision and the process with which you arrived at that decision. Citing your sources is encouraged, but will not be reflected in your grade.
- What colour are your eyes not?
- Regarding the current weird-green-background-colour situation on my blog, would you rate yourself as being highly dissatisfied, dissatisfied, indifferent, satisfied, or highly satisfied?
- If you could be a shark or a killer whale, which would you be?
Ah man. The more of these awards I do, the more I run out of questions. But there you go! So, again, if you feel like answering my questions (whether in a post of your own or right down there in the comments) please do!
Oh, and for people who are unfamiliar with sarcasm, my spine is okay; really it’s just my pride that’s wounded (and a few sore muscles).
And have a lovely day!