In which I make an attempt at being a responsible person by answering questions…it makes sense I promise.
Here’s a small secret fact about me: I’m an irresponsible person.
Stop it. Stop saying you already knew that. You’re supposed to act shocked and assure me that I am the most responsible and put-together human being that ever lived. Shut up, I totally am
Anyway, being irresponsible, I have neglected to answer the questions posed by Respectable Married Woman in the nomination she gave me for the Liebster Award. Today, I was nominated again, by perfectionhasapriceblog. I am determined not to forget about this one, too. So I’ll do a combination and answer some of the questions from both.
Be sure to check out Respectable Married Woman’s blog, themerrygoroundblog, and perfectionhasapriceblog’s blog, perfection has a price. Both are very incredible bloggers! And thank you so much, both of you, for the nominations!
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominee bloggers to answer (if you want to).
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) or list these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here.)
(Remember: I’m combining these because I’m that lazy and irresponsible. Don’t hate me.)
Some of the Questions from Respectable Married Woman:
Rate the following qualities/attributes , that you look for in a relationship or a partner(ascending order)
mental/intellectual stimulation and understanding
physical compatibility or attractiveness
physical compatibility or attractiveness, emotional understanding, and mental/intellectual stimulation and understanding. The most important thing to me is the person’s mind, definitely. I’m so attracted to intelligence and would like to have deep and interesting discussions about things.
I’m guessing emotional understanding would be that he understands how I’m feeling without me needing to tell him? I can’t be hypocritical and expect that, because, while I’m happy to listen to you pour out your emotions, I get frustrated if you expect me to just guess them without you telling me. So I don’t expect others to know what I’m feeling unless I flat-out tell them.
I’m being completely honest here when I say physical attractiveness doesn’t matter to me. Seriously. I don’t really care about it.
Would you call yourself more analytical or creative, give reasons?
An interesting question. I mean, obviously, my blog name is (Over)Analysing Literature, so that tells you something. But I’m also a writer and have always had people tell me I’m creative. I don’t really view the two as mutually exclusive. I feel that it’s best to analyse a situation and then find a creative solution.
(Look at me, I answer questions without answering the question at all.)
If you could change one aspect of your life overnight, but have to give up ten years of your life, would you do it and if, yes, then what would it be?
That doesn’t sound like a good deal to me at all, but I like this question because it made me realise that there is nothing in my life I would want to change that desperately. So that’s positive.
Three random facts about you, that we don’t know already
I spout random facts all the time! What don’t you know? Did I tell you I play guitar? That I light my marshmallows on fire because I’m too impatient to actually roast them? That I am allergic to milk?
How would you like to be perceived by others?
I hope I’m perceived as pretty down to earth. It makes me uncomfortable when people (especially people older and/or thousands of times smarter than I am) tell me I’m smart or always turn to me for the answers to questions. I hope I’ve conveyed to you all in this blog that I most definitely ain’t nothin special.
Do you like, doing these award nomination Q/A, why?
I like them, but I like it better when I’m picking and choosing what questions to answer, like this. Because there were a lot of questions I didn’t have a good answer to, and I hate saying “Uh…I don’t know” all the time. I feel like that’s boring for you guys to read. And then you’ll not read my blog anymore. And you’ll all gather together for tea and talk about how boring my posts are. And how much you hate me.
(I’m not insecure. Don’t look at me.)
Some of the Questions from perfectionhasapriceblog:
What is your favorite place you like to go to relax?
My desk, actually. Or the library.
Why and/or how did you start your blog?
I’ve always loved blogging, and I’ve had a lot of blogs that didn’t last because I didn’t care enough about what I was blogging about. And then recently I just developed this massive obsession with Les Mis, and literally no one wanted to hear about it. That’s when I realised, “Wow, I have a lot to say about books. Maybe it’s time to start blogging again.”
What’s your favorite animal?
What do you do for a living, or what would you like to do for a living?
Until recently, I was a caregiver, but I just got a job in an office. I’m really excited about it, but of course, I’d love to make my living as a writer. Not too realistic, but who doesn’t have dreams?
The answer is incredibly sad people. People who do not have dreams are incredibly sad people.
What is the reasoning behind the name of your blog?
I answer that question in this post. (I’m so lazy. Shoot me.)
If you had to go a week with only one item, what would it be?
Seriously, I want you guys to guess. I feel like that would be more fun. So please, guess in the comments!
Well, that was actually 12 questions, not 11, because I wanted to be equal. What are you gonna do about it?
11 Facts About Me
(I swear I die a little every time I have to provide you guys with new facts about myself).
- My nose is very crooked. I like to think it was broken in a fistfight, but my mother said it was probably like that when I was born.
(Probably??? She didn’t notice??? I feel a bit hurt.)
- I used to want a pet tarantula more than anything in the world. Now, it’s on my list of things I least want.
- My favourite movie when I was five years old was Castaway. I haven’t watched it since, but it seems like it would be boring.
- My favourite kind of tea is Yorkshire Harrogate.
- As a six-year-old, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist.
- How much I care about my appearance varies so greatly from one day to the next that you might swear I have a frumpy twin…or a put-together twin. Which is which? Who knows.
- Speaking of twins, my brother and I aren’t twins, but we were born on the same day and always know what each other is thinking, so we call ourselves twins.
- There was a several-month period in second grade where I swear I slept maybe two nights out of any given week. I was never tired. I still don’t sleep much.
- I can roll my tongue, but I can’t wiggle my ears.
- I can’t whistle like a normal person.
- I’m eerily calm in life-and-death situations. And yet, if you come up behind me and tap me on the shoulder, I’ll freak out.
It gets harder and harder every time because I’m running out of things! At this point, you just might know as many facts about me as I do, and that’s scary!
I’m excited about this part because I’ve got so many new people around here. But I don’t like to have to choose! Oh well, here goes!
As always, this was tough, because there are so many great blogs and I love you all! If your name isn’t on that list, I was either about to type it when I reached 11, or I already nominated you for another award and you need to not be greedy. However, just in case your name isn’t on there and you want to answer questions today, guess what?
You—YES YOU!!!—are also nominated!!!!!
So feel free to answer the questions! If you don’t want to do a whole post, that’s cool. Just comment your answer.
Super Lame Questions
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
- List five ships you ship.
- Colour or color, theatre or theater, etc.?
- Favourite thing someone said today?
- If you had to choose between becoming a narwhal and becoming a flamingo, which would you choose?
- Never eat again or never drink again?
- Favourite story to tell at parties?
- Morning bird or night owl?
- Would you rather walk backwards for two days, or scoot on your bottom as your sole means of transportation for one day? (and if you choose to scoot, you can’t drive, ride a bus, etc.)
- What is your stance on the Oxford comma?
- A noise you heard while answering these questions.
Have a lovely day!